mumbai airport: mumbai airport switches to green energy sources

Mumbai Airport operated by the Adani-AAI Group said on Monday it had switched to green energy sources, meeting 95% of its needs with hydro and wind power and the remaining 5% with solar power. The facility saw an increase in natural energy supply with green consumption from 57% in April to 98% between May and July, and finally reached 100% use of renewable energy sources in August, a the private airport operator said in a statement. statement.

Mumbai airport was the first in India to launch hybrid technology that runs on green power only since April, enabling an efficient, low-carbon future for aviation, as part of efforts to reduce the carbon footprint, he said.

In April this year, the airport improved its green energy utilization capacity and deployed a 10 Kwp hybrid solar plant consisting of a 2 Kwp turbine engine and 8 Kwp solar photovoltaic modules with an output minimum solar and wind power estimated at 36 Kwh/day, according to the statement.

This green transition to renewable energy ensures a reduction of around 1.20 lakh tonnes of CO2 equivalent every year, moving closer to the airport’s goal of becoming net zero by 2029, he said. declared.

Of the 100% total, the airport sources about 5% of its electricity needs from its on-site solar generation and the remaining 95% from other green sources such as hydro and wind power, said Mumbai airport.

The airport operator set up a 1.06 MW rooftop solar power plant, which eventually grew to 4.66 MW, he said.

Comments are closed.